xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 01:27 PM

erm, since you mention it. XD I don't think it is ugly, but it IS BIG.
The 0 days is like... redundant. DX

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Has this been around for other events? It startled me when it just popped up, huge and looming and counting down to an end. 8(

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 01:34 PM

Since last two or three events, I believe, last year Winter event is the first, I think.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I find I tend not to buy commons unless I'm working on an outfit and can't find the look I want from what I currently have. Or! When I see someone else with an item combo that makes me go !! and I'll go and buy what they're wearing so I can recreate it myself! star2000shadow: has provided me with several great layering ideas which sent me scuttling to the shops!
This one with the Hepburn dress, a top or sleeves and the Peter Pan collar being one! Just needs hair with bits at the front to hide the semas, and it's a whole new dress!

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 11:59 AM ----------

*seams, damnit. Not fixing that, it'll bork the ping ><
I'm so glad you like some of my outfit ideas 'giggles' thank you for the compliment..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Yeah, it is big and looming, isn't it, Hammy : / I found a far less aggressive one before, but I've lost the links I had (unless I'm just not looking in the right place) and this is the only one I've found so far that's ok. Of course the one I made was far less big and intimidating, but if I wanted that one I've have had to pay for it. This is the free version...

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM

It's not so bad, it was just unexpected since I haven't been around in awhile. I can't imagine paying for something you're only going to use a few times a year. If anyone complains there's a dismiss button right there.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 02:05 PM

I remember you used a different design last event?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 02:06 PM

I did, but that particular one has wording stuck on it now. I imagine that's a fault, but until they fix it, it's no use to me.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM

I see. oh well, it is bearable. XD
By the way, the debonair set is... unisex right?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Yes

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM

but, I don't seem to find Jack's pant in female's account?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 03:27 PM

Those are male, as there's a bit of girly butt poke-through with those.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 08-06-2014, 03:55 PM

jellysundae: mentioned Ingress! I am having such a great time with that game, allbeit I don't play daily. I did make a thread in the games forum here http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...1-ingress.html if anyone is interested in learning more or wants to hit me up with questions. I will probably try to sway you to be enlightened (on the green team) LOL!

Portals are works of art, I would not underestimate the area you live in even if it is rural. Also the game will add portals, but the process does take a few months. There is a way to look at a map to see if there are any portals in your area. AND I will quit hijacking this thread to talk about a game

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Only works of art, Daria? That seems a bit limiting, to be honest.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Nice! I should have just enough time to finish snagging the EIs and possibly a common or three before the event ends. Good to know...though ot really does look like a big ole countdown to DOOM.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Hopefully, more games like this will be created. I love the idea of exploring your area and finding neat stuff, but I'm not one for having to join teams or the competitive aspects of things. But I'd be into something similar in my area if it was something you could do solo. Especially as people must submit the content for these games themselves; all the portals etc. that people need to find.
I don't care about competitive team games either but it's really easy to play solo. While I had to pick a team like everyone else, I consider myself a rogue agent on my own team.

Quote:
Only works of art, Daria? That seems a bit limiting, to be honest.
Portals can also be historical places, unique local businesses, all sorts of things.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-06-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
xD Poor mules. They never catch a break, do they?

Coloring is done. Inking now.
Nope and I don't even bother to buy stuff for her either XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Holy cow, that's quite a feat. Is it habit to purchase all of the event commons?
I try at the very least. As CK said you never know when you need something for an avi. XP but yeah I always try

Quote:
Lol Seito -eyes your gold count- I can see you're totally strapped out at the moment. :P Stop chewing on me!

CK, worth getting your mum to download the app, just so you can check things out. I'd love to have a look at what there is in this area.
Pffft it was double last night! No you are tasty. XP
I finished the origami. It in belly crafts thread.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Nice! I should have just enough time to finish snagging the EIs and possibly a common or three before the event ends. Good to know...though ot really does look like a big ole countdown to DOOM.
Haha, yeah >< The world event ends in...

Hadsvich
Shiro Neko

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
So awesome! Lovely colors~ <3 Thank you!~ > w< Totally adding this to my rotating desktop backgrounds. > u> <33

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 PM

@___@ The countdown timer is early today.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Really gotta work on that lack of energy thing. I'm starting to think that helping Tam out with the whole dieting thing by joining him is not the best course of action right now. At least, not without backup vitamins or some baseline for how much energy I usually have after a day at work without the constraints of 'don't eat more than x calories'.
Oh, man. Yeah - adding on a diet on top of a new, high stress, high activity job isn't going to help much! (Tho it sounds like you'll be smokin' pretty quickly that way. xD) Do take your extra vitamins, though! Or at least start making bone broth and get extra glycerine in your diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
To be honest - I never sketched out the front of her outfit lmao XDDD So that's perfect :D

I love it so far! Thank you <33 She looks like she will kick your butt if you mess with her :D Which is how I like her :D
Ho ho ho. xD Awesome! Can't wait to finish her. x3

Quote:
The event's ending today, CK This evening, so tomorrow morning for me, but today.
Yeaaaah. >_> ::sheepish:: I have a habit of saying "tomorrow" for any time after I sleep. So it'll be 9am and I'll say "tomorrow" to mean, "after, like, 6pm when I wake up or something". xD

But, woo! I have almost seven hours to earn more event currency! (Or raid my mule.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
Ingress!
Awesome - I've bookmarked the thread and will check it out sometime. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post
So awesome! Lovely colors~ <3 Thank you!~ > w< Totally adding this to my rotating desktop backgrounds. > u> <33
Yay. xD I'm glad you like it. xD I tried out a few different things and was happy to have them turn out well. :3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-07-2014, 03:58 AM

*noms on thread*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2014, 04:05 AM

Yay! Someone loves me again! I knew you loved me, Seito! ;~;

Now I can mention I made a thread in Art Post: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/art/ar...t-gallery.html

That way people know where they can hang out with me after the event if they'd like to. (Or just see the finished version of Dystopia's and Maria's pictures if I don't finish them before the event ends... which I most likely won't with the amount of time left.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-07-2014, 04:28 AM

<33 Lots of love*

AWESOME! I was just gonna ask where you were planning on hiding after the event. xD *skips off to subscribe*

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 08-07-2014, 04:30 AM

I subscribed as well.